Dr. Daniel Choi is the Lead Physician at the Spine and Pain Center of Kaua’i, part of the SpectrumCare Group.
Dr. Choi graduated from Pomona College with a BA in Chemistry/Biology, earned a Masters in Business Administration from UCLA, and obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree from Albany Medical College. He completed his residency in anesthesiology at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and his Pain Management Fellowship at Harvard Medical School Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. Dr. Choi has extensive experience in interventional pain management as practices advanced TIP and SCS therapies. He has served as Chief of Pain, Director of Emerging Technology and Education, and as attending pain physician at Valley Pain Consultants in Phoenix, AZ.
Dr. Choi creates collegial working environments where members in the organization and the community align to make a difference.
- MD – Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- MBA – University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- BA – Pomona College, Claremont, CA
- Pain Management – Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Anesthesiology – College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine
Why Dr. Choi became a pain medicine specialist
“When I was in medical school I was fortunate to be introduced to pain medicine. I quickly fell in love with the specialty as I saw it as a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of those who were suffering from pain, utilizing the latest technologies, applying our understanding of science and the human body, while balancing the complexity of the mind, heart and spirit. I set out to equip myself with all the tools available for the purpose of effectively battling pain and I find it an extraordinary gift whenever a patient allows me the privilege to impact their life.”